Alcoves often get a bad rap for being that awkward niche that needs a bit more attention. But, rather than look at this recess as something you’re reluctant to redecorate, jump in head first with home office organization ideas. Binders can be a great way to organize your loose papers and notebooks while looking pretty on your office shelves. Adding zippered pouches to them can help to organize your stickers, sticky notes, or other small office supplies in a unique way.
But I eventually upgraded to this office desk system that includes drawers and filing cabinets as the base. It’s a perfectly sized desk with plenty of room to work and anything else you https://remotemode.net/ need to take care of, which is why it tops the list of office organization ideas. This weekend, spend a few hours cleaning, organizing, and getting a handle on your office space.
Tuck Away the Clutter
Consider an expandable one if you have an exceptionally wide drawer. Having a home to stash your stuff inside the desk will deter pile-ups on top of it. Add a few clear containers for writing instruments and a memo board or two on the wall above to pin reminders. There’s no reason to complicate your desk area if you’re a minimalist by nature. A raised computer monitor, or even a laptop, is good for your posture as it levels the screen with your eyes. Use small cubbies or drawers to stow away supplies or stack notepads.
- Use labels to stick to or tie on to your baskets and bins so it’s easy to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- The investment is worth it, and your work area will look generally better without all the wrapping cables and cords all over the place.
- As a mom of six, I’ve shaped One Crazy House to offer you hacks and tools for tackling chaotic days, making life cheaper, easier, and much more enjoyable.
- It also makes it easier to wind down on the weekends if you keep your work materials tucked away and out of sight.
- Having an efficient printer station plays a big part in productivity and success in your small home office.
If you’re using a corner of the dining room, guest bedroom, or a similar space to serve as your home office, a large desk might not be feasible. Instead, look for a wall mounted fold down desk that serves two purposes. Inventory what you need to store for work or household management before settling on a desk. This will ensure you have the proper amount of space for stowing your stuff (preferably with some room to grow).
How To Keep Your Desk Organized And Clean
This drop-front secretary hutch stealthily organizes supplies while also giving plenty of desk space to work on. Add a tray with individual compartments home office tips for paper clips, pencils, and rubber bands. This keeps small, loose items contained in one corner of your desktop or desk drawer.
- Perfect for clean freaks, trendsetters, or as a home office for him, concrete desk organizers offer an edgy and eye-catching look for your desk.
- We know how personal and unique each job is and we love talking with our clients to make sure we understand exactly what you need.
- Having a clear vision about exactly what you need for the space to be useful for you can save you a lot of time and frustration while you’re working to get your space organized.
- If your home office was once a guest bedroom and will return to being a guest bedroom someday, you need to be strategic about your organizational choices.
- You can take that small plastic tub, add a liner, and then put it inside of a larger basket if you need to throw out soiled items.
Another small space desk idea is to add a narrow console table behind the couch. Keep only the essentials nearby by including a stackable organizer, pencil cup, and headphone stand on the surface. In lieu of standard office seating, choose an accent chair that goes with the rest of the living room. Interior designer Brooke Crew took advantage of height in this office, using vertical space to pin memos and store books. This leaves room for more useable surface space on the desk, as well a corner for supplies. The biggest culprit when it comes to home office clutter is piles of paperwork.
Desk Organization Ideas to Clear Up Your WFH Space
And, among all other daily housework and chores, it sometimes feels impossible to find any time to begin decluttering and organizing your home office. But the little time and commitment you put towards these tasks will save you a lot of time going forward. A silverware tray is designed to fit into a drawer so it’s easy to find one that will work for the drawers in your office. The divided sections are perfect for things like correction tape pens, sticky notes, paperclips, pens, scissors, and so many other office supplies. Cupboards in your home office are great for helping to keep your space organized. If you have things that aren’t as decorative or that you don’t use that often, storing them inside a cupboard out of view can be a great option.